Exmouth Gulf Scientific Forum
The North West Research Association and the Marine and Coastal Community Network jointly hosted a Scientific Forum to highlight the ecological processes and environmental values of the Exmouth Gulf Region. The Forum was held on Wednesday 27 September, 2006 at Murdoch University and attracted an audience of about 100 people including several interstate participants.
The programme of the Symposium is presented below with links to the slides that were made available by the presenters (note not all presentations are available).
- 08:30 Introduction by MC: Dr Mike van Keulen
- 08:45-9:15 Dr Margaret Brocx, Wetlands Research Association Inc, The global geoheritage significance of the Yannarie Delta, eastern Exmouth Gulf (presenting work by Dr Vic Semeniuk, Wetlands Research Association Inc). Presentation not available.
- 09:15-09:45 Dr Eric Paling, Marine section, School of Environmental Science, Division of Science and Engineering, Murdoch University: Mangrove systems in Exmouth Gulf Region. Presentation (pdf) 7.84Mb
- 09:45-10:15 Dr Catherine Lovelock, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Marine Studies/School of Integrative Biology, University of Queensland: Linkages over terrestrial-salt flat-mangrove boundaries in the Exmouth Gulf. Presentation (pdf) 1.20Mb
- 10:15-10:29 Morning Coffee
- 10:30-11:00 Dr Luke Smith, Acting-Scientist-in-Charge, Australian Institute of Marine Science, WA: AIMS Research in Exmouth Gulf Region
- 11:00-11:30 Professor Neil Loneragan, Director, Centre for Fish and Fisheries Research, Division of Science and Engineering, Murdoch University: Linkage between prawns and seagrass in the Exmouth Gulf Region. Presentation (pdf) 2.07Mb
- 11:30-12:00 Dr Mervi Kangas, Trawl Research, Department of Fisheries, WA: Exmouth Gulf Trawl Biodiversity Project. Presentation (pdf) 3.80Mb
- 12:00-13:00 Workshop:
- 13:00 Close